This webinar in the course of the LOD2 webinar series will present the release 3.0 of the LOD2 stack, which contains updates to
- Virtuoso 7 [Openlink]: the original row store of the Virtuoso 6 universal server has now been replaced by a column store, increasing the performance of SPARQL queries significantly, the store is now up to three times as fast as the previous major version.
- Linked Open Data Manager Suite [SWC]: the ‘lodms’ application allows the user to quickly set up pipelines for transforming linked data through the use of its many extensions. It also allows operations for extracting rdf from other types of data.
- dbpedia-spotlight-ui [ULEI]: a graphical user interface component that allows the user to use a remote DBpedia spotlight instance to annotate a text with DBpedia concepts.
- sparqlify [ULEI]: a scalable SPARQL-SQL rewriter, allowing you to query an SQL database as if it were a triple store.
- SIREn [DERI]: a Lucene plugin that allows you to efficiently index and query RDF, as well as any textual document with an arbitrary amount of metadata fields.
- CubeViz [ULEI]: CubeViz allows visualization of the Data Cube linked data representation of statistical data. It has support for the more advanced DataCube features, such as slices. It also allows the selection of a remote SPARQL endpoint and export of a modified cube.
- R2R [UMA]: the R2R mapping API is now included directly into the lod2 demonstrator application, allowing users to experience the full effect of the R2R semantic mapping language through a graphical user interface.
- ontowiki-csvimport [ULEI]: an OntoWiki extension that transforms CSV files to RDF. The extension can create Data Cubes that can be visualized by CubeViz.
If you are interested in Linked (Open) Data principles and mechanisms, LOD tools & services and concrete use cases that can be realised using LOD then join us in the free LOD2 webinar series!
Title: LOD2 Webinar Series: LOD2 stack release 3.0
When: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM CEST
Presenter: Bert van Nuffelen (Tenforce, Belgium)
Information & free Registration: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/932378567
The LOD2 webinar series is powered by LOD2 – Creating Knowledge out of Interlinked Data (http://lod2.eu), organised & produced by Semantic Web Company (http://www.semantic-web.at), Austria. This series will provide a monthly webinar about Linked (Open) Data tools and services around the LOD2 project, the LOD2 Stack and the Linked Open Data Life Cycle, also in the form of 3rd party tools. Please find continuously updated information here: http://lod2.eu/BlogPost/webinar-series