LOD2 project will be represented at the next in the series of Prague open data meetups. This time, the meetup prepared together with Otakar Motejl Fund will focus on opening and linking city data. Members of the LOD2 project will share their expertise and experiences from collaborations with various municipalities in past PUBLINK projects. Local perspectives on the topic will be provided by Czech innovators promoting transparent city councils.
These are the presentations you can look forward to:
- Sören Auer (University of Bonn): Why Open Data should be linked
- Thomas Thurner (Semantic Web Company): A policy of small steps: Open Government Data becomes mature Linked Open Government Data – the Vienna example
- Sander van der Waal (Open Knowledge Foundation): How the Open Data Census helps citizen hold their governments to account
- Pavla Brady (1st Deputy of the Mayor of Opava): Open Data in Opava
- Roman Řípa (Rozpočet obce): Explore & Influence Your Municipality Budget, start at your doors to improve the whole country
The block of short talks will be followed by informal discussion. The event will be in English.